Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Final Proposal

The purpose of my research paper is to inform and educate others on how Alzheimers disease impacts interpersonal relationships within a family, emotionally, financially, and physically. The sources I will be using give important information on how the Alzheimers disease can affect the patient and family caregivers in both positive and negative ways. Many point out the difficulties families struggle with when dealing with a family member diagnosed with Alzheimers disease, and the little understanding about the the causes and preventions of this disease. One of my interviews will be my aunt who does the bulk of the of the caregiving for my grandma and turned her house into an assisted living house for my grandparents. Based on the information she gives me and my own experiences caring for my grandma who is diagnosed with this disease, I will be able to write about how families all over the world struggle with the same issues my family does when faced with Alzheimers disease. Not every family has the same issues, my family has some advantages when it comes to resource for taking care of my grandma. This part of my paper would be written in more of a narrative. To conclude my paper I will explain the preventions, treatments, and the importance of understanding Alzheimers disease. 

1 comment:

  1. Because this topic is so close to you and you have experience with it I think you'll find it really simple to write about. I really like how you’re looking at the family dynamic and how it has changed. In my opinion, since you want to look at it as a narrative, I think it would be really interesting if you looked at all the obligations that your family had to take on since remodeling a portion of your aunt’s house in order to take care of your grandma. I think this part is really interesting because it is so different than the way many families in the United States handle the situation of ageing parents. By keeping this idea as your main narrative focus you can tie in the variety of impacts your family experienced emotionally, financially, and physically. I would maybe make the ideas you had for a conclusion, the preventions and the treatments, a last body paragraph so you’re not bringing in new evidence into your conclusion. Then possibly end your paper with how you feel understanding Alzheimers is very important for individuals, families, and communities. Overall great job, it is really interesting!

    ReplyDelete