Thursday, February 20, 2014

TED Talk Thesis

The goal of my TED talk is to share my strengths and techniques as a snowboarding instructor who encourages others to be confident and seek out new experiences.  My thesis is, “the experiences I have had as a snowboarding instructor have had a positive effect on my life and allow me to be confident and encourage my students to explore something new and challenging.”  I want to talk about how teaching someone to snowboard can make them feel like they have accomplished something.  It also makes me feel good because I have helped them overcome their fears and insecurities of a new experience.  

I will use narration and talk about my own personal experiences with following the advice I give to students.   Snowboarding takes place in an environment that I love, which helps me to enjoy the process of learning to teach and watch others learn.  I will also talk about how different age groups affect athletic ability and attitudes towards learning something new.  I also think cause and effect would work in my TED talk because snowboard instructing has allowed me to be more open to others, more responsible, and more independent.  It also makes me feel better about myself because I can make a difference in others lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment